11.1 Full Release Notes
This is a full list of itemized release notes for 220.127.116.11 through 18.104.22.168 (all 1 releases ..initial release and fixpacks) here are the links for other major releases
PLEASE NOTE: a site redesign in 2015 lost all previous release notes... the best we can offer for earlier are notes in our Legacy Downloads page: Q10413 - FAQ: Where Can I Find Legacy Downloads (Older DotImage Versions)
If you are just looking for a quick "what is new that I need to pay attention to", please see: Changes Introduced in DotImage 11.1
Atalasoft publishes release notes in our main site on each release in the following location:
However, the structure of these articles is not terribly friendly when looking for "What specific version introduced this fix/change" as you have to read each one separately and each one contains some "changes previously fixed".
This is a summation of each fix by version in one place for easy searching. You can use CTRL+F to search for a specific phrase or word.. or just browse them in order from most recent to earliest
- 1 Atalasoft Document Imaging SDK 22.214.171.124
- 2 Atalasoft Document Imaging SDK 126.96.36.199
- 2.1 About this release
- 2.2 Version information
- 2.3 System requirements
- 2.4 Important upgrade note
- 2.5 New Features
- 2.6 Resolved Issues
- 2.7 Known Issues
- 2.7.1 License without eVRS: results differ between Windows and macOS
- 2.7.2 Forms data lost from PDF page
- 2.7.3 Drag and drop inconsistent with 2 horizontal thumbnailers
- 2.7.4 Multiple page selection issue with Chrome or Firefox on macOS
- 2.7.5 List of files to upload not refreshed with Safari
- 2.7.6 Unable to upload file from library on iPhone or iPad on some iOS versions
- 2.7.7 Unexpected result if ConvertIncompatiblePagesToImages set to True
- 2.7.8 Error when attempting to open document containing annotation without appearance
- 2.7.9 Method calls wrong callback function
- 2.7.10 Scan error after switching from Color mode to Black and White
- 2.7.11 Document not compliant with PDF/A-2b standard
- 2.7.12 Dark Appearance not applied to dialog boxes on macOS Mojave
- 2.7.13 Transparency prevents compliance with PDF/A-1b
- 2.7.14 macOS: Installer should not require Administrator rights
- 2.7.15 Corrupt thumbnails after inserting page into new document
- 2.7.16 Selection frame becomes detached from annotation after drag and drop
- 2.7.17 Recognize method may return wrong results
- 2.7.18 No response from the WCS when using HTTPS
- 2.7.19 Saving *.CR2 file after rotating results in error
- 2.7.20 Data overlaid in .ppt file
- 3 Original KB Source Article
Atalasoft Document Imaging SDK 188.8.131.52
(11.1, ServicePack 0, FixPack 1) Release Notes January ??, 2019
The build number for Atalasoft DotImage 11.1 is 184.108.40.206.0.xxx
Problems Resolved in This Fix Pack
- coming soon
Atalasoft Document Imaging SDK 220.127.116.11
(11.1, Initial Release) Release Notes December 15, 2018
About this release
The release notes give you late-breaking information about Atalasoft DotImage 11.1. Please read this document carefully, as it contains information that is not included in other Atalasoft DotImage documentation.
The build number for Atalasoft DotImage 11.1 is 18.104.22.168.0.321
The primary source of information about Atalasoft DotImage requirements and dependencies on other products is the Technical Specifications document posted on Atalasoft website. We recommend that you review it carefully, especially if you plan to use Atalasoft DotImage 11.1 with other Atalasoft products.
Important upgrade note
In earlier versions of the product, the DocumentSave event, DocumentSaveEventArgs, did not include the file extension for the file name property that was passed. The file extension is now included by default in the file name property.
If you created a custom workaround in an earlier version to ensure that the file extension was preserved, the workaround should be removed before upgrading to version 11.1. Otherwise, a file name such as MyFile.pdf could potentially become MyFile.pdf.pdf after the upgrade is performed.
The following features were added to Atalasoft DotImage in version 11.1.
Scanning on macOS
For devices that use the Apple Image Capture system, support is added for scanning on the macOS.
Multiple recognition cultures
The Atalasoft DotImage OCR engine supports the ability to select multiple languages for recognition, if the selected OCR engine supports the same capability.
Expanded PDF/A support
- Added PDF/A support to the PdfDocument and PdfGeneratedDocument classes.
- Added PDF/A-1b support to the PdfEncoder and PdfTranslator classes.
Web Document Viewer enhancements
- Simplified file upload with drag and drop support.
- New event for developers to use when annotation text changes.
- Update to server side file handler to return path to saved file.
- Server side handler that allows developers to customize the response to server operations.
- Ability to limit a document search to specific pages.
- Ability to persist the file extension when saving a file to the server.
- New method that gives users the ability to quickly navigate among annotations.
- Better messaging if required libraries are missing from the viewer.
This section contains information about issues that have been resolved in Atalasoft DotImage since the prior release of this product.
Annotation became obscured after drag and drop
An annotation was sometimes partially obscured after performing a drag and drop in the same WebDocumentThumbnailer, if two thumbnailers were used simultaneously. (913196)
Saving tags in Tagged PDF files was switched off when PDF files were saved with the linearization tag, and the tags were not preserved. (899341)
This chapter contains information about potential issues that you may encounter while using Atalasoft DotImage 11.1.
License without eVRS: results differ between Windows and macOS
When a product license without eVRS is used, the result when importing an image or scanning on a Windows operating system differs from the result on a macOS (1219586):
Windows: An onScanError event is not called and the onScanCompleted event shows a valid error, "VRS license is missing or invalid," and returns success: false. macOS: An onScanError event is called with a valid error, "VRS license is missing or invalid." Also, the onScanCompleted event shows that the operation succeeded and returns success: true.
Forms data lost from PDF page
If you use drag and drop to move a PDF page with forms data from one Web Document Thumbnailer to another, the forms data is lost. Forms data is also lost if you attempt to use the following command to insert a page in a PDF document (1217747):
thumb.document.insertPage(<path to pdf doc>,<page with forms>,0);
Drag and drop inconsistent with 2 horizontal thumbnailers
If a page includes two horizontal thumbnailers, drag and drop works successfully for the top thumbnailer. With the bottom thumbnailer, drag and drop works only after the top item is removed. (1213959)
- On the macOS, this issue occurs with the Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers. However, the issue does not occur on an iPad or iPhone, or on an Android OS.
- On a Windows operating system, this issue occurs with Microsoft Edge but not with other browsers.
Multiple page selection issue with Chrome or Firefox on macOS
While using the Chrome of Firefox browsers in a macOS environment, you cannot select multiple pages by holding down the Ctrl key. (1213340)
List of files to upload not refreshed with Safari
Safari browser: If you click Upload and then drag files to the list of files to upload to the Web Document Viewer from the Finder or Photo applications, the files are not added to the list. (1212857)
Workaround: Use the "Open file" dialog box to add to the list of files to upload.
Unable to upload file from library on iPhone or iPad on some iOS versions
If you use the Safari browser on an iPhone or iPad to upload a file to the Web Document Viewer from the library, the file is not uploaded successfully on some iOS versions. (1212769)
Workaround: To resolve the issue, upgrade to iOS 12.1.
Unexpected result if ConvertIncompatiblePagesToImages set to True
If the value for ConvertIncompatiblePagesToImages is set to true, PdfARenderer is not able to create PdfA documents, even though the initial page contains Type 1 fonts with custom encoding. (1210883)
Error when attempting to open document containing annotation without appearance
If you attempt to open and save a document that contains an annotation without appearance, the following error appears (1209493):
Atalasoft.PdfDoc.PdfException : Required element N in MLPdfAppearanceDictionary read from file is missing.
Method calls wrong callback function
The selectPageText method calls the wrong callback function if only the page index is specified. (1204503)
Workaround: Set null for the second argument: _viewer.text.selectPageText(1,null,onSuccess,onFailure)
Scan error after switching from Color mode to Black and White
When using a Fujitsu fi-7260 scanner, if you switch the color mode from Color to Black and White without image enhancements, the following error appears (1200647):
Scanning completed with error: An image failed to import because the file content is corrupt or is not a supported file type, or the connection to the file server is broken; all selected images after the failed image (if any) were not processed. Technical details: Cannot read LoadFromBuffer - unknown or unsupported format.
Document not compliant with PDF/A-2b standard
On Windows 10, when PdfTranslator is used to create a PDF document, it is not compliant with the PDF/A-2b standard if Verdana is a built-in font. As a result, the width information is inconsistent. (1197977)
Workaround: Do one of the following to prevent the issue:
- Using the Atalasoft DotImage API, create a custom FontMapper for the OCR engine and change Verdana to another font such as Arial.
- Change the built-in font to the version of Verdana provided with Windows 7.
Dark Appearance not applied to dialog boxes on macOS Mojave
When the Dark Appearance setting is selected in System Preferences on macOS Mojave, the setting is not applied properly to dialog boxes. (1195954)
Transparency prevents compliance with PDF/A-1b
When transparency is used, a PDF file is not compliant with the PDF/A-1b standard. (1181476)
macOS: Installer should not require Administrator rights
If you do not have Administrator rights, and you attempt to perform the installation for the Atalasoft DotImage Service for macOS, you may be prevented from finishing successfully (1179745).
Workaround: To avoid the issue:
- From the installer, select Installation Type and click Change Install Location.
- On the Select a Destination screen, select Install for me only.
- Click Continue to proceed with the installation.
Corrupt thumbnails after inserting page into new document
After a page is inserted into a new document, thumbnail images become corrupted. (1121735)
Selection frame becomes detached from annotation after drag and drop
After moving an annotated page from one WDT (Web Document Thumbnailer) to another, the annotation selection frame becomes decoupled from the annotation itself. As a result, dragging moves only the annotation and leaves the frame behind in its original location. (912517)
Workaround: Reloading the page restores the annotation's normal behavior.
Recognize method may return wrong results
When the AbbyyOcrTextRegion region is manually defined, the Recognize method may return the incorrect results. This situation may occur if the text language is not specified for the custom regions, and the engine cannot determine which language to use. (864436)
No response from the WCS when using HTTPS
When using Firefox, there is no response from the WCS when using the HTTPS protocol. This issue occurs only for a new user on a computer. The issue occurs because WCS does not copy a certificate to the Firefox repository in this situation. (714491)
Saving *.CR2 file after rotating results in error
A "PhotometricInterpretation tag missing error" is displayed when you try to save a *.CR2 file after rotation. (687417)
Data overlaid in .ppt file
Currently, slide shapes are rendered as one layer, and text as a second layer. This approach prevents shapes from being rendered on top of text, but it also allows text to overlap. (673624)